Cobol Developer DescriptionJob #: 50394
We are looking for a Cobol Developer for our project in Zürich to make our team even stronger.
You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn more about this exciting role!
Come and join EPAM where Engineering is in our DNA.
- Analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions, and develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Test unit and integration of components for integration into larger subsystems
- Support in resolving defects and prepare fixes to be installed into test- and production systems
- Make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before handover
- Good knowledge of IBM z/OS Mainframe
- Preferably also DB2, JCL, VSAM, CICS, Stored Proc skills
- Experience with SDLC
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure stuff out)
- Able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
- Curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
- Banking background is a big plus
- Fluent in English
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Knowledge-sharing across EPAM's global Tech Communities
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Relocation support as per EPAM relocation policies
- EPAM Community with regular corporate and social events
- Career growth, performance and compensation reviews