Senior DWH/BI Developer (Oracle) DescriptionJob #: 21262
Currently we are looking for a Senior DWH/BI Developer (Oracle) for our Minsk office to make the team even stronger.
Once upon a time (back to 2004) we fell in love with BI. With time (in 2009) this love shaped into BI Solution Practice. At BI SP we do BI, practice BI, rock BI and cover: reporting, data integration and data warehousing, data management, big data, data science and advanced analytics. We help pretty big players from different industries to drive their business:
– telecommunications (some large companies);
– travel (a couple of giants revolutionizing the world);
– retail (again impressive names);
– oil & gas (everybody takes these guys seriously);
– healthcare & life sciences (it can be vital for being and being well);
– media (again global brand);
– financial services (c’mon, you’ve definitely heard about these companies in the news).
We are not only industry – but also technology stack-independent and you can choose among these BI platforms: Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, IBM, Teradata, Informatica, MicroStrategy, Big Data-related techs (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Amazon EMR, etc.). So our BI landscape is extremely diverse and you will also work with Tableau, Talend, TIBCO Spotfire, QlikView, Pentaho, Kalido, etc.
All this is possible due to the culture of sharing experience which is spread inside our local but global EPAM BI community: there are ~380 likeminded (BI) people only in Minsk office to learn from and to teach, to mentor and to be mentored. By the way, we have successfully delivered more than 20 BI projects during the recent year.
Now we are proud to invite YOU: «let it BI» together!
We have a range of DWH/BI projects for ORACLE adepts.
WHAT IS COMMON FOR ALL OF THEM:
– Oracle as the heart of a system;
– Complex BI landscape and large scale. Yes, data totally drive all the decision-making of our big clients.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT:
– Oracle-based DWH can be accompanied by different ETL and BI tools like ODI, Informatica, Pentaho Data Integrator, SAP BODS, Cognos, SAP BO, Tableau, etc.;
– Clients’ data problems are quite typical but every time unique as every business has its own specifics, needs a targeted BI insight to stand out and make a difference on the global market;
– Clients’ mentality and communication style;
– Projects length from 3 months up to 2+ years;
– Team size from 2 up to 50 people.
Elias says: On our project we are dealing with a ~100 TB Oracle DWH for a telecom company. Reporting is based on 400+ fact tables, 450+ dimension tables, and various analytical solutions. Now the team is merging two huge equally sized but differently modeled DWHs (as part of a companies’ merger).
Andrei says: What we have is pure DWH/ETL agile development for a large Canadian retailer. What really drives us is an opportunity to work with Exadata V5 on the latest Oracle version 18.104.22.168.
Denis says: Scattered data sources, data quality issues, different business rules across the offices, absence of 360-degree view on their activities – these are only some challenges our pharma customer is facing and we are asked to help with. We are developing the analytical system on the top of a greenfield DWH using contemporary technologies like Oracle 12c In-Memory based on Amazon cloud services and continuous integration. Implementing enterprise level MDM solution using mix of dedicated full-cycle tools and sophisticated data cleansing and matching algorithms: Levenshtein distance, Jaro-Winkler, etc.
- Work with technical and business requirements: gather and document, understand and review them
- Analyze data, generating mockup data
- Analyze data sources, perform data profiling
- Communicate with different stakeholders, including both technical and business-oriented people
- Logical and physical design of the DWH (let’s light stars and melt snowflakes!)
- Create Dimensional models for presentation area and E-R/Data Vault for backroom
- Design, implement and optimize ETL/ELT strategies and processes
- Design and implement Data Marts
- Design and implement reports, dashboards (optional; depends on a project role)
- Adequate SQL and PL/SQL (at least 2-3 years of persistent SQL coding)
- Decent understanding of Oracle DB internals
- Oracle DB modeling – yes, you did it!
- Performance tuning and optimization
- Hands-on skill in ETL (proficiency in any ETL tool, e.g. IBM DataStage, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Oracle Data Integrator, Informatica, Pentaho, Talend, etc.)
- Understanding of Data Warehouse design principles: you know who is Kimball and who is Inmon, what kind of religion they practice
- Experience with enterprise level analytical software is preferred (OBIEE, Cognos BI, etc.)
- English: at least Intermediate (B1) level and you feel more or less comfortable to discuss the above-mentioned things in English
- Proactive life attitude (you are quite initiative, able to take responsibility, not afraid to make decisions on your own)
- Open-minded (you really want to learn new things and become a better you)
- Flexible and able to adapt to a changing environment
- Comprehensive communication skills (you are able to listen to other people and clearly express your own thoughts; yes, we used to work in teams and negotiate quite a lot with each other and customers)
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Internal mobility program (relocation to any EPAM office including the EU and the USA)
- Flexible working schedule
- Vast opportunities for self-development: free English and German classes, wide range of professional and soft-skills trainings and workshops, etc
- Extensive social package: free medical care, vaccination and massage, sport programs, family care, etc
- Impressive amount of benefits and discounts