Open Source Technology Sr. Engineer Java, Microservices, Spark
Since 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM) has leveraged its advanced software engineering heritage to become the foremost global digital transformation services provider – leading the industry in digital and physical product development and digital platform engineering services. Through its innovative strategy; integrated advisory, consulting and design capabilities; and unique ‘Engineering DNA,EPAM’s globally deployed hybrid teams help make the future real for clients and communities around the world by powering better enterprise, education and health platforms that connect people, optimize experiences, and improve people’s lives. Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 Most Loved Workplace.
EPAM’s global multi-disciplinary teams serve 61,300 employees and customers in more than 50 countries across five continents.
As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years.
EPAM is also listed among Ad Age’s top 25 World’s Largest Agency Companies and in 2020, Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing organization.
- Collaborate with product owners and architects on making design decisions
- Develop end user application with high scalability and high throughput
- Provide technical and design guidance and create standards
- Improve, optimize and identify opportunities for improved software development processes
- Expertise in designing enterprise applications
- 5-8 years of experience in Java and open source frameworks in Java like Spring and knowledge of multithreaded applications.
- Hands on knowledge of backend coding and has good knowledge on Spark and Multithreading.
- Has worked on creating and integrating with APIs in REST, SOAP protocols and has exposure to working with binary payloads using Thrift or gRPC RPC framework.
- Has working experience and knowledge in Object oriented programming and good exposure to various core(Gang of four) and enterprise design patterns.
- Has at least 3 years experience in working with microservices and distributed computing based architectures at high scale.
- Has experience on resiliency (throttling, circuit breaker, bulk heading etc.) and error handling, profiling CPU/Memory of applications.
- Has experience in alerts and monitoring tools like Grafana, Kibana, Prometheus, Splunk, Graphite and being able to debug through logs and dashboards.
- Has experience on GIT or similar repository management and experience in monorepos would be good.
- Excellent in communication and has good experience in collaborating with multiple teams and stakeholders. This role requires working with various external parties and having very good English communication is a MUST.
- Java 8
- Spring boot
- REST API
- Design Pattern
can't find the job you are looking for?
Send us your CV to get a personalized offer.