Open Source Technology Lead Software Engineer - Java,Microservices
Since 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM) has leveraged its advanced software engineering heritage to become the foremost global digital transformation services provider – leading the industry in digital and physical product development and digital platform engineering services. Through its innovative strategy; integrated advisory, consulting and design capabilities; and unique ‘Engineering DNA,EPAM’s globally deployed hybrid teams help make the future real for clients and communities around the world by powering better enterprise, education and health platforms that connect people, optimize experiences, and improve people’s lives. Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 Most Loved Workplace.
EPAM’s global multi-disciplinary teams serve 61,300 employees and customers in more than 50 countries across five continents.
As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years.
EPAM is also listed among Ad Age’s top 25 World’s Largest Agency Companies and in 2020, Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing organization.
- Play key Developer and Software Architect roles, and usually also the roles of a Development Team Lead, Project Coordinator, Reviewer or Auditor
- Be a role model for colleagues, e.g. create deliverables and technical documentation in high quality
- Understand, follow and enhance defined software development process and introduce engineering practices
- Provide input on, follow and evangelize code quality guidelines and standards
- Review and audit design solutions
- Conduct code reviews and highlight best of breed solutions
- Identify and troubleshoot application code-related issues, review and provide feedback to any required final user documentation
- Communicate directly with architects on client’s side
- Communicate with clients on regular basis to clarify business requirements
- Participate in workshops and presentation of the proposed solutions to clients
- Run demo and education sessions for clients
- Drive full-cycle of application development using Agile approach:
- Idea generation and high-level vision creation
- Solution design and documenting, proposal
- Development, testing, and production launch
- Be a member of cross-functional teams that experiment with new technology and proactively search for the best solutions and ideas in the marketplace
- Coordinate your work with other developers to deliver first-class technology solutions in a positive, fun, yet challenging and deadline driven environment
- Work closely with internal and external product and technology teams to bring technology solutions and perspectives to the product development process
- Strong on Java 8, exposure to OpenJDK 11 preferable, Clean Code and Clean Design, SOLID principles (Mandatory)
- Need to be strong in Spring & Spring Cloud
- Strong in Microservices (Mandatory)
- Good on DS and Algorithms, primarily looking for problem solving skills, and someone who can write Optimized code
- Exposure to PCF preferable. Engineer willing to learn PCF quickly if not worked previously
- Fundamental knowledge on Docker and Kubernetes will be helpful. Know how on Scaling up and down. (Good to have for now)
- Secure coding practices
- OS: Linux Basic commands knowledge preferable. to browse the logs etc. to understand the issues better
- Minimum experience required 8 - 12 years
- Nice to have Pair programming experience & BDD
- Java 8
- Spring Boot
- REST API
- Unit Testing
can't find the job you are looking for?
Send us your CV to get a personalized offer.