Lead Software Engineer (C++, MFC)
Since 1993, EPAM Systems, Inc. (NYSE: EPAM) has leveraged its advanced software engineering heritage to become the foremost global digital transformation services provider – leading the industry in digital and physical product development and digital platform engineering services. Through its innovative strategy; integrated advisory, consulting and design capabilities; and unique ‘Engineering DNA,EPAM’s globally deployed hybrid teams help make the future real for clients and communities around the world by powering better enterprise, education and health platforms that connect people, optimize experiences, and improve people’s lives. Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 Most Loved Workplace.
EPAM’s global multi-disciplinary teams serve 61,300 employees and customers in more than 50 countries across five continents.
As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked as the top IT services company on Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for the last three consecutive years.
EPAM is also listed among Ad Age’s top 25 World’s Largest Agency Companies and in 2020, Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest-Growing organization.
- Modernize the code for the Runtime platform with C++ 11/14/17 ANSI standard, add testability with unit testing, standardize string processing with STL, and apply platform-agnostic features.
- Cleaning up of Platform Extension modules - Several of the modules need code improvement, sort of paying off the technical debt.
- We are looking at a lead developer role, who along with being hands-on will lead a team of 10+ developers. He/she is expected to be the go-to person for all technical challenges that the team faces.
- Minimum 9 to 14+ years of experience in software industry.
- Project domain - Tax and accounting
- Technologies used - C++, VC++, MFC, COM
- Hand-on coding, design and architecture support
- Challenges, issues & problems to solve
- The code base is huge, so understanding it will be a challenge
- Optimisation, performance improvement, lift and shift of monolith code base to microservices architecture are few of the problems to solve
- Primary and secondary hard skills (technical stack)
- C++ on Windows
- Unit testing
- Soft skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with globally diverse team
- Ability to communicate with global clients and work across time-zones
- Prior working in VC++/MFC based applications
- Played team leadership roles
- Solved complex architectural challenges
- Have designed performant applications and systems
- Hands-on coding experience and willingness to continue doing the same
- .NET Core
can't find the job you are looking for?
Send us your CV to get a personalized offer.