Senior/Lead Java Engineer DescriptionJob #: 54911
EPAM is committed to providing our global team of 36,700+ EPAMers with inspiring careers from day one. EPAMers lead with passion and honesty and think creatively. Our people are the source of our success and we value collaboration, try to always understand our customers’ business, and strive for the highest standards of excellence. In today’s new market conditions, we continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world remotely, with the vast majority of our teams working from home. No matter where you are located, you’ll join a dedicated, diverse community that will help you discover your fullest potential.
EPAM Kharkiv is inviting experienced Java developers to join a growing engineering unit. It is a good opportunity for strong technical guys interested in challenging projects (with lots of investigation) and in tech leadership roles.
Our client is a global provider of financial-markets data and infrastructure (more than 130 fintech data, analytics, trading, and risk assessment tools). This account/program has multiple projects globally that unite hundreds of EPAM engineers. Projects aim for a feature development, re-engineering and enhancing the existing core features for client’s risk intelligence applications, data-as-a-service (DaaS) applications and rich Java-based applications. The team’s composition includes Java developers of various seniority levels, a business analyst, a Scrum Master, automation QA Engineers, DevOps. The project will be supervised by solution architect and delivery manager and leverage best engineering practices.
You are welcome to discuss your experience with our lead/architect and your career plans with our Technical Manager. Take key roles working on a complex product for our top client and explore your personal career options with EPAM as a global company.
- 5+ years in Java 8 (and above) development of applications and enterprise systems
- Strong understanding of Java core
- Skills with Spring technology stack
- Understanding of microservices approach
- Understanding of REST approach
- Hands-on AWS experience (EC2, S3, Lambdas)
- Hands-on experience working with build tools such as Maven or Gradle
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Hands-on experience with Git
- Working level of English with ability to express yourself in client communications (B1+)
Nice to have
- Mentoring/leading skills
- Understanding of CI/CD practices and tools
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Message brokers (Kafka/RabbitMQ)
- Familiarity with testing tools such as JUnit, Mockito or AssertJ
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours