Senior Systems Engineer DescriptionJob #: 53397
The remote option applies only to the Candidates who will be working from any location in Poland.
Currently, we are looking for Senior Systems Engineer to make our team even stronger.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Join the team that maintains and extends a mission critical, high availability and low latency platform for handling orders and trade processing of wide spectrum of investment products (stock, derivatives, bonds, funds, forex, precious metals, structured products, etc.) on multiple exchanges. Platform grows in asset types being handled, markets the trading is done and countries it is being introduced to.
You will be working in the Platform Engineering Services team. The department owns and operates the bank's strategic trading platforms and infrastructure for Fixed Income, Funds, Global Equity Markets, Structured Products, Fiduciary, ETD Options and Futures.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is one of the largest investment banks in the world.
- Build and maintain the department’s next generation platform infrastructure and environment
- Introduce, customize and evolve state of the art application estate management technologies
- Elaborate and introduce suitable tools for platform real time monitoring, alerting and trending
- Identify, prepare and align our applications to the bank’s cloud strategy
- Work closely with both application development and operations teams to continuously optimize the existing processes and tooling used
- Partner with experts across the organization to ensure knowledge is leveraged and retained
- Proven track record in RHEL system administration and automation (a RHCE certification would be a plus)
- Minimum seven years of experience in Java application development
- Minimum two years of hands-on experience with containers and container orchestration technologies
- Minimum one year of experience in configuration/maintenance of ELK/Splunk/AppDynamics stacks
- Good understanding of what it takes to deliver successful projects in financial services with multiple teams in different locations
- Experience in an environment where no two days are the same
- Strong written and verbal communicator in English, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all seniority levels around the world
- Able to build your network and utilize those connections
- Able to work across multiple projects at the same time, involve subject matter experts when needed and interact with technology vendors
- Person who pays great attention to detail but doesn’t lose the bigger picture
- Able to manage tasks and projects through to completion
- Demonstrating the ability to work with a high level of autonomy
- Keen to document systems and processes in a sustainable and maintainable way
- Not hesitating to question the status quo and dare to propose the unexpected
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- English language classes
- Polish language classes for Foreigners
- Career development center
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects (ex. to USA or Switzerland)
- Benefit package (private insurance, health care, multisport, lunch tickets, and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Possibility to be involved in an international project
- Remote work options
- Relocation package for foreign applicants as well as for people relocating within Poland
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted