Senior Java Engineer DescriptionJob #: 51244
We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer with experience with 7 Hybris / Spring to strengthen our team who's working in the Shop tribe.
You are our ideal candidate if you:
· Focus on the result. Any activity starts from the definition of success or definition of done. Education activities, proof of concepts development, research tasks, all have to converge to a tangible result
· Open-minded but have a healthy level of critical thinking. E.g. following common 4 questions every time making a decision regarding new technology/tool/approach: What is the power of technology? What limitations does the technology diminish? What rules enable us to manage this limitation? What new rules will be needed?
· Understand the power of teamwork. Teamwork means: using advantage of the expertise of many individuals that accelerates solving tricky problems; knowledge sharing, more valuable comments on solution/technology assessing session.
· Share the ideas of Brutal Intellectual Honesty.
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Our client is the largest mobile network operator in the UK, with 29.6 million customers and the largest operator of 4G services in Europe.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The project is about developing an online commerce system. The system consists of many applications including a storefront and multiple backend applications. The Storefront focuses on suggesting to clients various products like Devices, Service Plans, different Service Add-ons, Accessories, etc. in extremely flexible ways.
The team rounds up at around 80 people already, which includes 5 squads that are focused on business features and 1 platform capabilities squad that's focused on non-functional improvements of the system.
Working on this project can provide you with experience in:
· Customized 1911 Hybris Telco Accelerator.
· Working according to the trunk-based development approach.
· Already established Continuous Integration pipeline.
· Continuously improving and technologically challenging environment.
What You’ll Do
- Upgrade platform to an actual state
- Performing R&D tasks: research and development activities normally implies addressing technical risks or checking one of the possible solutions for feasibility
- Redesign existing functionality in order to reduce complexity and improve performance
- Take part and running tasks for improving existing Software Development Lifecycle
- Oversee the delivery of critical functionality done by other teams
Project technologies and tools
- SAP Commerce:
- Spring Core
- Spring MVC
- Spring Security
- Spring Integration
- ZK framework
- Apache Solr
What You Have
- Solid experience with Spring Framework
- Hands on experience in development functionality accompanied by unit tests, integration tests, etc
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Familiarity with RDBMS including ORM, SQL
- Extensive experience in building either SOA applications or system integrated with many 3-rd party dependencies via RESTful API
Nice to have
- SAP Hybris experience
What We Offer
- Innovative solutions delivery to the world’s digital changes
- Experience exchange with colleagues all around the world
- Opportunities for self-realization
- Friendly team and enjoyable working environment
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Social package: professional & soft skills training courses, medical & family care programs, sports
- Free English classes
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning program
- Corporate and social events