Application Support Engineer DescriptionJob #: 51001
Currently we are looking for an Application Support Engineer to join our office in Prague.
In 2015 EPAM opened the Czech Republic IT delivery center in Prague, in the iconic City Tower in Pankrac. Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, is a growing source of innovation due to the increasing demand for software solutions and services in Central Europe. This new location will enable EPAM to more closely collaborate with clients in the region.
We have made many important decisions to align EPAM to the new global operating environment, including taking significant steps to ensure the safety and well-being of more than 36,700+ EPAMers, and to continue to support operations for hundreds of clients around the world. As result, the vast majority of EPAM's teams are working from home.
No less important is the safety, well-being, and experience of our applicants. Therefore, until further notice, all EPAM employment interviews will be conducted remotely. Our recruitment professionals and hiring managers are standing by to ensure a robust and engaging virtual candidate experience; we look forward to speaking with you.
- Prior application support experience
- Ability to support both Windows and Unix/Linux environments
- Scripting skills, preferably Python
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with bug / development tracking systems
- Ability to own and manage a knowledge base
- Expected to be able to follow and understand a defined ITIL/ITSM process, contribute in process improvement
- Understanding of concepts of software development cycle
- Proven abilities to quickly learn, systematize, and retain business knowledge
- Able to create design, technical and project documentation including high-quality documentation
- Strong ownership and personal responsibility
- Team player
- Expected to be self-managed, implement functionality without supervision
- B2 level of English and Czech languages
- We offer the possibility to work on full product lifecycle – from concept to delivery into production
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Using English on a daily basis, communication with people from different countries
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Comfortable modern offices in Prague 4
- Benefit program (5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days, wage compensation for the first three days of illness, meal vouchers, flexi pass, annual coupon of Prague city public transport, multisport cards)
- Czech and English language courses
- Start ASAP/negotiable
- Relocation assistance including the coverage of the relocation costs (if needed)
- Rotation program - possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects within 25 countries
- Referral bonuses for recommended candidates