Software Engineer – Advent Geneva DescriptionJob #: 50851
Are you passionate about technology and its application in Financial Services? Are you customer-focused and enjoy delivering innovative digital solutions to clients? Do you have an eye for detail, while being able to keep sight of the bigger picture?
Then you have an opportunity to work with the best-in-class engineering and design teams as an ‘Advent Geneva’ Software Engineer to deliver high profile solutions for our FS client portfolio.
You are curious, persistent, logical and enjoy crafting and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn more about this exciting role!
Come and join EPAM where Engineering is in our DNA.
EPAM recruits exceptionally talented people who have a passion for and take pride in their work, they are perfectionists in what they do. Due to ongoing project demand we require a passionate technologist with experience of full-stack development work involving Advent Geneva. The candidate must have excellent data analysis skills, strong verbal/written communication skills, and be a cultural fit with an emphasis on teamwork, excellence and results.
The Software Engineer will be joining an expanding global project team working onsite with a top tier Asset Management firm. As part of this development team you will play a key role in building out a next generation portfolio accounting and reporting platform. This role will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of the application development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, application development, and devising test cases.
- Requirements analysis, application design and implementation
- Geneva system and application administrator
- Design and develop custom Geneva RSL reports
- Build custom Geneva accelerators to automate workflows to improve operational efficiency
- Develop APIs to expose accounting information to dependent systems
- Oversee and implement Geneva upgrades and patch releases
- Define operational workflows and custom solutions involving Geneva
- Work with Advent to troubleshoot and request enhancements
- Work with data center vendor for system administration and hardware upgrades
- Oversee the onboarding, operational workflows and reporting requirements for new mandates
- Geneva subject-matter expect, define best practices and troubleshoot accounting and system issues
- Responsible for integration between Geneva and data warehouse, security master, OMS and risk platforms
- 5+ years working with Advent Geneva, subject-matter expert
- Strong understanding of Geneva RSL and experience writing custom reports
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS
- Experience with Microsoft .NET technologies and OO programming in C#
- Understanding of programming design concepts, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong troubleshooting and reasoning skills
- Familiar with SDLC best practices and experience using an agile project management methodology
- Strong cultural fit – Teamwork, proactive, results oriented and integrity
Nice to have
- Experience in one or more of bank loans/leveraged loans, fixed-income products, CLOs, derivatives, ABS and CMBS products
- Black Mountain Systems Everest or Eze OMS
- Electra Reconciliation (OpenSTaARs)
- Active Batch, Control-M, Autosys scheduling
- Experience working with the Geneva WSO Accelerator, and building custom accelerators
- Experience in or readiness to learn building applications using the modern technology stack: RESTful, Cloud/AWS, Docker/Kubernets, Python, etc