Systems Engineering Lead DescriptionJob #: 50758
Are you passionate about technology and its application in Financial Services? Are you customer-focused and enjoy delivering innovative digital solutions to clients? Do you have an eye for detail, while being able to keep sight of the bigger picture?
Then you have an opportunity to work with the best-in-class engineering and design teams as a Systems Engineering Lead to deliver high profile solutions across our FS portfolio.
You are curious, persistent, logical and enjoy crafting and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn more about this exciting role!
Come and join EPAM where Engineering is in our DNA.
EPAM recruits exceptionally talented people who have a passion for and take pride in their work, they are perfectionists in what they do.
EPAM are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced technologist to join an expanding UK based Engineering capability as a Lead System Engineer. In this role you will work with a high profile and established Global client in the Financial Services domain.
Working closely with the UK Head of Engineering and alongside multi discipline engineering teams both onsite and near shore to you will be focussed on end to end delivery of cutting edge digital solutions for EPAM clients.
In this role you will be London based but travel to customer sites should be expected.
- Work with clients on their transition to Cloud, including application readiness assessments
- Act as pre-sales focal point for devops, sdlc, and cloud engineering for UK FS clients
- Resource manager for all UK FS systems engineers
- Escalation point for all systems engineering implementations across UK FS
- Drive best practise initiatives within UK in coordination with global competency
- At least 5+ years with experience implementing CI/CD toolchain, including automated deployment
- Strong Windows and Unix experience, Azure and/or AWS DevOps/Pipeline, PowerShell and Bash scripting, Linux/Unix admin, TCP/IP troubleshooting
- Ability to follow, understand, and enhance a defined software development process
- Ability to read and understand project and requirement documentation
- Ability to create high-quality design, technical and project documentation including documentation of his/her code
- Ability to write high-quality non-functional requirement specifications and audit documentation
- Ability to be self-managing, take technical responsibility for a subsystem or a whole project, work without supervision and test work thoroughly using test cases
- Proven experience in evaluating theoretical knowledge and practical (on-the-job) skills and the seniority level of candidates and providing actionable feedback and recommendations on positions/projects matching
- Hands-on experience transitioning applications to the Cloud in Tier-1 Financial Services org
What We Offer
- We offer a range of discretionary benefits from time to time, including:
- Group personal pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and social events
- 1 day off for your wedding and baby basket
- Tech purchase scheme
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period