Currently we are looking for a Big Data Engineer for our Warsaw office to make the team even stronger.
EPAM is looking for Big Data Engineers for the joint engagement with our Healthcare client’s Analytics Center of Excellence.
Jointly, we are going to build products which use global healthcare insights to transform clinical development and bring new medicines to patients faster through successful trial delivery.
You’ll be working in joint multi-functional teams consisting of clinical and therapeutic experts, data scientists and Machine learning researchers. These teams are driving innovation for our client business, requiring entrepreneurial and independent thinking to build advanced data analytics and ML capabilities.
You’ll be leveraging Big Data technologies such as Spark and Hadoop. You’ll be working with data, storing it, doing batch or real-time processing and exposing it as an API or other forms for our Data Science and ML Engineering teams use.
- Advanced knowledge of Scala or Python 3, with at least some familiarity in both and with one of them supported by 5+ years of programming experience using functional and object-oriented paradigms
- At least some familiarity with second from Python and Scala pair
- At least 3 years of experience with Hadoop ecosystem including tools like YARN, Hive, Impala, HDFS including some knowledge about Hadoop clusters architecture
- Advanced knowledge about Spark supported by 2+ years of experience with at least one year with Spark 2.x
- Proficiency with relational databases and more than one dialect of SQL
- Experience with more than one non-relational databases like MongoDB and Redis
- Experience with workflow managers like Airflow, Azkaban or Luigi
- Strong unit testing and debugging skills
- Good understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and Linux proficiency
- Experience in following Scrum best practices
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
Nice to have
- Experience with Apache Flink and/or Beam
- Experience with containerization tools such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Proficient understanding of designing microservices based applications
- Experience in putting machine learning models into production
- Familiarity with advanced Python data structures like numpy arrays and pandas
- Experience with deploying code into production through CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Experience in creating web crawlers
- Experience with ELK stack and Kafka
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- Language classes (English and Polish)
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Career development center
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocates to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities, E-sport program
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w niniejszym dokumencie do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)"
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted